LifeShield Security bills itself as an innovator in the home security industry, a source of affordable and easy-to-install wireless technology plus superior customer service.
LifeShield home security systems are proprietary, meaning that they’re developed in-house by LifeShield engineers who have comprehensive knowledge of the equipment. The company’s list of high-tech accomplishments includes offering the first all-digital wireless security system and holding more than 20 patents for home security technology.
Headquartered in Langhorne, Pa., this growing company also uses social media to connect with customers.
LifeShield Security packages, installation and features
Customers can choose one of three LifeShield home security packages:
- LifeShield’s basic Home Essential Kit – Value Package comes with a base, console, two door and window sensors, a keychain remote and yard signs and decals.
- The Home Essential Kit – Gold Package adds an additional door or window sensor, a fire safety sensor, a motion detector and the Homescreen Touchpad. This Android tablet comes with the LifeView app, allowing users to access and control their LifeShield security system on the go.
- The Home Essential Kit – Platinum Plus Package includes additional features such as a wireless security camera and advanced video monitoring.
For small businesses, LifeShield offers a business package that includes alarm monitoring, motion detector, door and window sensors and fire safety sensor.
Currently, all LifeShield packages require an activation fee and a Product and Service Agreement.
New customers can choose professional installation, or self-install their LifeShield home security systems. LifeShield claims that self-installation requires no tools and should take less than an hour to complete.
Other LifeShield features and accessories include:
- Android tablets pre-installed with the LifeShield app for remote home security management
- LifeShield’s patented Siren Detector, which monitors your home for the sound of a fire, smoke or carbon monoxide alarm. If it detects an alarm, the security system notifies a monitoring station.
- In addition, users can download the LifeShield smartphone app free of charge for convenient mobile access.
LifeShield Security monitoring
All LifeShield security systems are backed by 24/7 monitoring from one of five monitoring centers. The company shares these centers with Protection 1.
For alarm monitoring, LifeShield Security primarily uses broadband and cellular technology. The broadband Internet connection comes with as many as three additional backup connections (cellular, landline phone and battery).
Security threats covered by LifeShield monitoring include burglary, fire, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies.
LifeShield Security customer service and warranties
The LifeShield Security website provides ample information about equipment setup and troubleshooting. Customers can reach the support team via email, phone or live chat.
LifeShield offers a one-year equipment warranty.
The history of LifeShield Security
Founded in 2004 under the name InGrid, Inc. by Louis Stilp, the company quickly began to explore the potential of wireless technology. Using his experience at TruePosition, an electronic mobile location service, Stilp developed LifeShield’s wireless system. In 2010 came a mobile app allowing users to manage their LifeShield security systems from a smartphone.