Protect America was founded in 1992 in Round Rock, Texas. Today, Protect America provides security to nearly half a million homes nationwide.
Protect America bills itself as having a competitive advantage over other security providers when it comes to offering affordable prices for home security equipment and service.
Protect America home security features and equipment
Protect America’s security equipment falls into the following categories:
- Home security: Protect America’s home security equipment includes standard security features, such as video cameras, doors/window sensors, garage door sensors, panic buttons and motion detectors. The typical Protect America security system uses equipment manufactured by GE.
- Life safety: Protect America’s life safety features include smoke detectors, medical pendants and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Home automation: Homeowners can also opt to purchase home automation features as part of a Protect America security system. Home automation features include freeze sensors, flood sensors and indoor sirens that can be controlled from your smartphone.
- SMART connect: Protect America’s SMART features allow customers to perform functions like arming/disarming their alarm systems, turning off their lights and appliances and watching live video surveillance from their mobile devices.
- Automotive: Protect America can also help customers secure their cars with automotive security features, such as GPS vehicle tracking and customizable notifications. Business owners can use this feature to keep track of their company vehicles when they are being driven by employees. For example, a business owner could receive a notification if an employee was driving a company vehicle over the speed limit.
Protect America security: Prices and packages
Protect America home security offers five packages: Copper, Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum. Each package includes one touch-screen control pad and one motion sensor, as well as one Protect America security yard sign and three widow decals.
The packages differ in price and in the number of door/window sensors they include. The Copper package is the least expensive and includes three door/window sensors. The Platinum package is the most expensive and includes 15 door/window sensors.
Growth and change for Protect America
After operating out of Round Rock for several years, the Texas company moved to North Austin in 2011. The move nearly doubled Protect America’s office space, solidifying its claim as one of the country’s fastest-growing security companies.
In 2010, Protect America became part of a group of companies owned by Rockbridge Growth Equity. The Rockbridge group owns and operates a diverse group of business interests that includes the Cleveland Cavaliers and Quicken Loans.
Learn more about Protect America home security
To get more information Protect America home security, you may want to read through online reviews to find out what customers have to say about Protect America’s service, dependability and affordability.
You should also consider researching other home security providers to find out how Protect America security stacks up against the competition. This will help you decide which home security features are most important to you, and whether a Protect America security system offers what you are looking for. When it comes to choosing a home security provider, a little research can go a long way.